Pages

Tuesday, December 03, 2013

I'll Tumble for Ya

Because I know people inhabit multiple platforms online, I'm pleased to announce that I'm now on Tumblr.

Don't worry—I'm not shutting down this blog.  But if it wasn't obvious already, I've had difficulty  keeping up with Differences & Repetitions, a result, mainly, of my academic workload.  Since I love blogging but have less time to deliver substantive content, I figured Tumblr would be the perfect place to engage in some of the work I do here, albeit in shorter form.  You can still expect to see extended meditations on books, algorithmic culture, and other topics on this blog, at least from time to time.  But if you're looking for regular content, then my Tumblr's the place for you.

I'm excited about Tumblr because, as I'm learning, it seems to be as much (if not more) about curation as my own commentary.  I like the idea of being a little less "bloggy," as it were, and instead sharing a range of artifacts that say something about my disposition toward the world.  That's largely how I've been approaching Twitter over the last few years, as it turns out, which is something that my recent forays into Tumblr have helped me to see.  But sometimes I've felt constrained on Twitter because of the 140 character limit.  I appreciate how Tumblr gives me an opportunity to say a little more, absent the compulsion to be overblown.

I should mention that my Tumblr is all about you, too.  Many of the stories I've shared on Twitter and elsewhere have been sent to me by friends/colleagues/acquaintances, and I'd like to keep the tradition alive as I move into Tumblr.  And of course, you can expect credit where credit is due. Always.

1 comment:

Amruta said...

Very Useful Information I found on Internet. I think the content you cover through the post is quite interesting, good work and great efforts. I found it
very enjoyable and enjoyed reading it all... keep up, beautiful work..
This paragraph gives clear idea for the new viewers for Real Estate Property Portals, Thanks you."
You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up.
Property In Navi Mumbai
Flats In Navi Mumbai
2 bhk in panvel
1 bhk in panvel
2 bhk in ghansoli
1 & 2 bhk in kalamboli
1 bhk resale flat in dronagiri
1 bhk in dronagiri
2 bhk in dronagiri
shops in dronagiri-Corner